Saturday, January 8, 2011

Love You Hundreds and Thousands

This month’s challenge on Hero Arts is to make a card inspired by the 2011 catalogue or do some masking or something special with the inside of the card. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve gone through the catalogue admiring the stamps and making up my wishlist!

For this card I was inspired by all the yummy cards on page 27 of the catalogue. Last year Lisa created a scrumptious looking donut card using real ingredients like chopped nuts and salt. So I thought it would be fun to add some colourful hundreds and thousands to my card.

Love you hundreds and thousands
Stamps (Hero Arts) - Have a Donut & Ancient Motif

I used scraps for the coffee cup. A little piece of blue card for the sleeve and on the pink piece I had applied worn lipstick distress ink to the Ancient Motif stamp, spritzed with water and stamped on white card. Then I added some Glossy Accents to the “coffee” for some sheen.

Love you hundreds and thousands

I thought the colours in the hundreds and thousands might run if I used Glossy Accents to stick them on the card so I cut heart shapes out of sticky labels and stamped another label with the donut for the topping. Hundreds and thousands are as bad a glitter – I seem to have them everywhere now!



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Lin said...

Fantastic card, Heather! Love your idea!

Nancy said...

This is sooo creative Heather. I love it!

Barb said...

Love this fun card, Heather! Glad you shared a close-up of the heart! Those sprinkles add such wonderful color!

Rosemary said...

wow, heather! pure, sweet genius to use the little bitty candies for the card! love it!

Patricia said...

So yummy card I love it =P

Dawn T said...

so "sweet" Heather.... I love what you did here. very initiative

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Very cute, Heather! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

This is soo fun! Love the sprinkles! Also huge congrats on your HA win! You so deserved it! :)

Libby Hickson said...

Oooh I love this so much!! Such a YUMMY card!!

Deirdre said...

Heather, AMAZING... wow... fab, adore what you created.

Sue McRae said...

Such a fun card Heather and love your use of the colourful sprinkle balls!

Suzanne C said...

How sweet. (Bad pun) Love the accents on the cookies and donuts they add the wow factor!

walchowDesign said...

Such fun card, Heather! Love the shine on your coffee and those colourful sprinkles!

Related Posts with Thumbnails