Thursday, July 10, 2014

Butterfly Hello

I enjoyed making this shaker card the other day so wanted to make another one today using a pretty Memory Box die (thanks again, Linda!) and a couple of Hero Arts stamps.


Die - Isabella Butterfly (Memory Box)
Stamps - Be Happy & Messages With Flourish (Hero Arts)


I started by making a black card and embossing the sentiment. After cutting the butterflies out of a panel, I layered a strip of acetate to the back of the panel and partially adhered the butterflies' bodies. A coat of glossy accents was applied to the bodies and the stamped butterfly trails were added.

To make the colourful backs for the butterflies, I applied various distress inks (broken china, tumbled glass, mowed lawn, shabby shutters, spiced marmalade, worn lipstick and spun sugar) to white card and splattered/spritzed the card with water. Clear glass beads were trapped between the acetate and backing layer. After adding the panel to the card, I adhered strips of baker's twine to the sides.


I'm submitting this card into Simon Says Stamp Let's Be Clear Challenge ( I used clear beads, acetate, glossy accents and clear stamps) and Virginia's View Die Cut Challenge.

16 comments:

Sue McRae said...

Love these pretty butterfly colours with the black and the glass beads are a fun sparkly addition!

Lin said...

I LOVE this, Heather! What a pretty design! The twine adds such a nice texture to it!

Virginia L. said...

Oh my!! I love the little beads in these see-through butterfly windows! BEAUTIFULLY done, Heather! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Heather,
Absolutely gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Laura Norris said...

LOVE this!! How creative to have the butterflies be shakers!! Wonderful job Heather!

CinnamonSally said...

This is gorgeous Heather!!

Meg said...

This is gorgeous!

Sarah G said...

So cool - love the butterfly apertures!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Heather. Love the butterflies with their beads

Mandy said...

Heather your card is absolutely gorgeous, so very pretty and a wonderful design.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Darnell said...

THUD!! I'm so pinning this incredible card, Heather. All I can say is WOW!! I'm loving all your OLCs, too. They are rather addicting once you get going!! Hugs, Darnell

Hannah said...

Amazing!! This is so beautiful

Monika Reeck said...

oh wooow Heather I love the combo of the butterflies in color and that bold black paper...I never seen black card so feminin like you made...(ppsst I always used black paper only for manly card seriously...you did it very great Heather)Lovely butterfly shaker inside and love the add of the twine...I think I will CASE ing this card from you and off course I will write a credit to your blog...Heather I am new DT on House of Cards maybe you would like to join them they have this month challenge put a bow or more in your card...Hope to see you play there...hugs...Monika

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Heather.

Sue McRae said...

Congrats on the Facebook feature over at Scrapbooks & Cards Today! So well deserved for this beauty of a card.

Mary Decker said...

Fabulous card, a real standout in the world of butterfly cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails