Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stenciled One Layer Card

My goodness two posts in one day is highly unusual for me, but I did have great fun getting inky today! Recently Charlene sent me a couple of gorgeous Hero Arts stencils (thanks again Charlene:)) and for this card I used the Large Lotus Pattern.


Stencil (Hero Arts) - Large Lotus Pattern
Stamp set (Hero Arts) - Everyday Sayings


I applied distress inks (dried marigold, spiced marmalade, barn door, shabby shutters and mowed lawn) to a cream card and left the stencil in place. After the ink had dried I padded VersaMark on the image and then heat embossed using enchanted gold embossing powder.


The sentiment was also embossed, this time in gold. A while ago my friend Trinh sent me lots and lots of pretty sequins in a lovely mix of colours (thanks again, Trinh:) ) and because of the gold bits and pieces I had already used, I thought the gold sequins would be the ideal embellishment for this card.

I'm submitting this card into Hero Arts One Layer Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Emboss It Challenge.

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Simply stunning Heather Maria! Gorgeous stamping!

Julie M said...

What a gorgeous card, Heather - the gold on top of the stencilling is a brilliant touch.

Julie :o)

Petti said...

Very pretty!

Lin said...

WOW, Heather, this is a beauty ! Love that shimmery embossing! I hadn't given this stencil a look at all, but it is really stunning in your hands!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Heather,
This looks great.
Smiles:)
Sue

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - just love what you did with that stencil, Heather! Gorgeous glittery one layer!!

Chark said...

That stencil is magic in your hands--I never would've thought to do this with it--So beautiful!

Barb said...

I had forgotten all about that enchanted gold powder - love how you can get such different looks with it depending on the ink color you use! This is absolutely beautiful, Heather! The colors are so pretty and love the gold embossed sentiment and added sequins!

Karen L K said...

What a great idea to emboss over the ink! Such a super looking card!!

Dawn T said...

Simply stunning Heather. The gold embossing is fabulous.

Chris Dring said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning!

Judy Tuck said...

This card is fabulous Heather. Love the addition of the gold embossing powder.

Related Posts with Thumbnails