Sunday, July 6, 2014

I Ruff You Shaker Card

I haven't made a shaker card in a long time but wanted to make one using two cuties from the super cute Critters at the Dog Park set by Lawn Fawn.

I Ruff You Shaker Card
Stamp - Lawn Fawn Critters at the Dog Park
Dies - Lawn Fawn grassy border and Spellbinders picot edge circles

To start with I die cut a circle of blue card, stamped the sentiment and die cut the grass piece using Lawn Fawn's grassy border die. After stamping and cutting out the dogs, I coloured them with ProMarkers and added a few dotty highlights with a white pen before tucking them in behind the grass. Then I punched out lots of hearts and added the top layer of acetate and a ring of card to contain the hearts.

I die cut two Nestabilities picot edge circles to make the card base, scored a line across the the back circle about 1/4 inch down from the top of the solid base. Adhesive was added above the scoreline before sticking it to the card front. I'm submitting this card into Simon Says Stamp Shake It! Challenge and Virginia's View Die Cut Challenge.


I wish I could say this is a photo from my own garden, but it's a photo from the 18th century walled garden in Russborough House which I visited with my Mum yesterday.


The house isn't far from us and I've visited it many, many times over the years but this was the first time I've ever seen the walled garden open. Seemingly it's open every Wednesday and Saturday between April and September - it's well work a visit. We had a lovely time strolling around the garden looking at the various trees, shrubs, flowers and fruits. The walled garden is being brought back to its former glory by a group of volunteers who are doing an amazing job. I'm half thinking of volunteering as I couldn't think of a nicer spot to while away some hours gardening.

.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend too!

10 comments:

Alina said...

very pretty card, Heather, lovely scene, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!!!
great photos, by the way, I wish that was my garden!!!

Lin said...

Oh what a cute shaker card, Heather, love those little hearts inside!! And I enjoyed your visit to the gardens, too!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is adorable, Heather! I love the shape and the hearts as the confetti. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Shake It!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling shaker card, Heather! Just love what you did with those Lawn Fawn elements and all the bitty hearts!! What gorgeous photos of Russborough House too - wish we could've gotten into the walled garden when we were there. So glad you and your Mammy were able to visit it!!

Virginia L. said...

Your circle shaker card is super adorable! And much like your card, the photos look like they are taken from a special photo book, Heather! Thanks so much for playing Virginia View Challenge!

Dawn T said...

very pretty card Heather. Love the hearts. Your photos are so professional looking.

Monika Reeck said...

I see all your picture all are adorable Heather love the pict... and that Dog with hearts uuuh soo cuuuteee I wish I get it on my Wedding anniversary day..can you save it for me Heather (was a joke) my wed day was 7 of October 2001 and we will be n 13 years together this year..Love your cute scene...cute cute cute..hugs...

Jingle said...

This is absolutely adorable! SO cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Shake it! Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

Trinh said...

Your card is so cute!! And that garden is gorgeous. Bet it was even more in person!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute shaker card Heather!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails