Monday, July 7, 2014

One Layer Thank You

This card started out as a way of trying out some gorgeous green and blue Faber-Castell pencils that my friend Trinh had sent me - thanks again Trinh:)

I had never used Faber-Castell pencils before and I have to say I love them. They blend so well and I love the triangular shape and grip dots which make for a very comfortable and firm hold. Lol even thought I'm not, I'm beginning to sound like an ad for Faber-Castell - I just like to say when I find a product that works really well.


Stamps (Hero Arts) - Large Petal Background & Type

To start with I stamped the Large Petal Background on kraft card, drew a frame around it with a fine tipped felt pen and then stamped the sentiments around the image as another frame. Then the colouring fun began. As with this card, I did all my colouring while watching World Cup matches the other evening. I didn't set out with any particular colour scheme in mind so just added in colours I already had to the greens and blue that Trinh had sent me. Then I added white gel pen to parts of the image. The black ink seemed to fade a little into the kraft card so I again used my fine tipped felt pen to go over most of the outlines and also the sentiment.

I'm submitting this card into Hero Arts One Layer Challenge and A Blog Named Hero Color It In Challenge.

12 comments:

Dawn T said...

beautiful Heather. It looks stunning.

Milla said...

Oh wow, stunning card! Such gorgeous stamp and wonderful colouring.

Monika Reeck said...

oh My GOD this is really a STUNNING creation dear heather...first you have no colored all on your post at 29 June and now oh myyyyy I think I want to buy this large petal BG stamp cause you made it soooo adorable..like a room in India Restaurant here in Munich they also have similar like you paint here great using of the Faber castell. I ADORE your card...hugs...

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Gorgeous! . A winner!

Lin said...

This really packs a punch, Heather! Love the colors against kraft, and the white touches, too!

Pam W Merwin said...

I saw this in the Flickr Hero Arts group and one word ~ WOW! Love your color choices. This is absolutely gorgeous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh Heather - how amazing! You put your World Cup watching to good use with your pencils, I must say! Just love all the colors and the sentiment around the border!!

P.S. - loved the additional Russborough House photos in your photostream! I won't comment on each and every one but you have some beauties in there!!

Trinh said...

This is a stunner, Heather! Your coloring is gorgeous and you make me want to buy that stamp.

CinnamonSally said...

Oh my goodness Heather this is stunning, so much detail here, I love it!!!

Sue McRae said...

This is a beauty Heather! Love your selective colouring and how the white pops against the kraft and other colours.

Nancy said...

Your card is so gorgeous Heather! Outstanding coloring!

Maya Isaksson said...

WOW! I love love love it! All those pretty colors! Thanks for playing at ABNH :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails