Sunday, June 13, 2010

ATCs

I love making ATCs as it's great fun working on a small scale and of course it's a good opportunity to use up scraps (and I have a whole heap of those!). Here are a couple I made recently using the Happy Wishes stamp from Hero Arts.

For this one I clear embossed the image on white card and then applied distress inks (broken china, shabby shutters, antique linen and faded jeans). The sky was spritzed with water. I white embossed the butterfly on vellum and added diamond stickles to the back of the wings and butterfly trail. Then for a bit more sparkle I added some more stickles here and there on the flowers.



For this ATC, I applied distress inks (spiced marmalade and worn lipstick) to white card and spritzed with water before stamping the image in black. I stamped the butterfly again, coloured it with distress inks and popped it. Then I added some touches of copper stickles here and there.


18 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful ATCs Heather the orange one is particularly stunning, looks like a beautiful sunset!!

Rosemary said...

What pretty ATCs Heather! I agree with Sally, the orange one is really stunning!

judkajudi said...

Love your ATC's! Congratulations on the new blog!

Kath Stewart said...

welcome to blogland heather....it's very addictive but great fun....love your atc's...hugs kath xxx

Lin said...

ATC's are so fun! Love these ones, the first is my favorite. Keep these fun posts coming!!

Vanessa said...

Hi Heather!! Welcome to blogworld! You'll have lots of fun! Love your ATCs, they are gorgeous! Hugs, Vanessa x

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Heather....have just become your follower. Visit me sometime at my blog.
Isha

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

These are gorgeous, Heather!

Kryssi said...

your blog looks great, heather!

Deirdre said...

Heather, these are beautiful - love them.

walchowDesign said...

Love the first card! It gave a very special effect on the card with all the techniques.
Lai-Yoke

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful. ATC's are a great way to try out different techniques. Love the blog too Heather.

Anette H said...

Love your cards and ATC's Heather!! And what you do with your sewing machine is magic - congrats on your brand new blog!!! (it's already a favorite my friend!)

lynda said...

Love these ATC's Heather....very dramatic difference with the color choices. Love your new blog.....congratulations!

Sue McRae said...

The sunset colours and black stamping are so striking! Welcome to the world of blogs!

Arlene said...

So creative - love the same design looking so different.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful skies on your ATC's. Lovely!

Monika Reeck said...

ooh I forget to write here...lovely Background dear...the one with blue is so romantic and another one is so elegant ...oh woow card..

Related Posts with Thumbnails