Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crazy Quilt Card - PaperPlay Challenge

I wanted to make a card for the current PaperPlay Challenge (Something Old). As I’ve only been making cards for a little over 18 months I don’t have any very old things in my card making stash so I decided to use some old upholstery fabrics out of my fabric stash. Thanks to Lin, I’m on a bit of a quilt card kick at the moment! When I finished the quilt card in yesterday’s post, I just had to make another one!



Stamps (Hero Arts) Lace Background, Dolls

In keeping with the something old theme, I made a crazy quilt for the central panel and cut it out using a Labels 8 die. The bigger panel is also cut out in the same way from another piece of upholstery fabric. I clear embossed the Lace Background stamp (Hero Arts) on the card and embossed the sentiment in gold.



Crazy patchwork is a great way of using up odds and ends of fabric. Last year I made this little Christmas boot from scraps. On some of the fabrics I stamped various Hero Arts images in white, silver or pink ink. The colours aren't the usual Christmas colours as I entered it in a challenge in which unexpected Christmas colours had to be used.

12 comments:

Lin said...

Oh goodie, I love when you bring in your quilting! Those "fancy" stitches are wonderful and show up so well on this crazy quilt! Keep 'em coming!!

Jill said...

I just love it when you combine your awesome cardmaking skills with your stitching! Just beautiful!

Deirdre said...

As normal you knocked it out of the park...wow... love your card, just as I adored your stocking. Great job.

Rosemary said...

Amazing card, Heather! Your ability to combine quilting with cardmaking is unparalleled!

Virginia L. said...

This so unique and creative, Heather! I can't think of another crafter that can make a quilted card other than Lin and you!! Very inspiring work!!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh my Gosh that shoe oh nooo...I want that Shoe dear..is it already someone have hehe...I reall love your quilting ..sooo cooool dear....love love love....and you are a DT also this is a very great DT card sweety...

Dawn T said...

Another couple of awesome creations. Love your crazy quilt card and you stocking/boot is lovely

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Heather, Gorgeous card-you are so creative and I love this card.

Vanessa said...

Wow, I love your Quilt cards, Heather! Great work!!

Mandy said...

Heather these are lovely, your stitching looks fab.
Welcome to the team & thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Julie M said...

Fantastic work, Heather - crazy stitching!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week!!

Julie :o)

Suzanne C said...

Love your mini quilts and stitching. Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails