Tuesday, June 15, 2010

PaperPlay Challenge - Home

The challenge this week at PaperPlay Challenges is home. So I decided to use this image from Papertrey Ink's Boards and Beams set. I really love the look of these kind of houses but wouldn't like to think of all the work involved in the upkeep of all the wood in real life, so a stamped one will have to do me!

The image is coloured with watercolour pencils. For the background I cut a shape out of white card using the labels 8 set. To get a white outline, I flipped the shape over while still in the die and lightly sponged the area with distress inks (shabby shutters and broken china). The sentiment is embossed in white on vellum and I just added these little heart pearls from Hero Arts and a bead on the door.



Stamp:- Boards and Beams (Papertrey Ink) New House (Anita's)

15 comments:

Patricia said...

So cute card I love it =P

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Just love the way you colored the house!

Sarah J Moerman said...

So pretty! Beautiful house! I'd live there! :)

CinnamonSally said...

This is such a lovely card Heather and love your idea of sponging the card while still in the die, will have to try it myself!

Lin said...

I always wanted a house like that, too! Your little details are wonderful!

Deirdre said...

Heather, great house card..... love it. Don't you just love PTI!

Trinh said...

Beautiful coloring, Heather! Love how you stacked the dies for your card front and the sponging of the color.

Jill said...

Love this design! I want to live in your beautiful house!!! :) The little heart pearls are really a great extra special touch!

Dawn T said...

Super cute house Heather. Such a neat card.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear this is a super duper adorable house...good luck with the challenge and I believe this is a winner card...your card is so crisp dear...hugs

Sue McRae said...

That house is so charming Heather!

Julie M said...

Welcome to blogland, Heather. I love this card - beautiful shapes and colours (and the stamp is very very wantable!!). Lovely to see the sun shining too!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie ;o)

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card, Heather!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

This card is awesome!! I love everything about it!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card! Love the vellum sentiment and the design!

Related Posts with Thumbnails