Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Adam and Woodland Creatures

My son Adam wanted me to put his birthday card up on the blog so when I was doing that I thought I'd add another couple of cards I made using the super cute Woodland Creatures set from Hero Arts.

On Adam's card the balloons and letters are stamped using chalk inks and I coloured the other images with watercolour pencils. I just added a few touches of stickles to the candle flames and chocolate drops.


Happy Birthday Adam!, originally uploaded by heather maria.


Stamps (Hero Arts) Woodland Creatures,Birthday Messages, What's Cooking, Adorable Baby Girl.

This is another birthday card I made using the Woodland Creatures set. The images are coloured with watercolour pencils. For a little bit of sparkle, I added diamond stickles to the white spots on the mushrooms, glossy accents to the balloon and some gems. The little mushrooms on the base of the card are on little easels.



Stamps (Hero Arts) Woodland Creatures, Cloud Background, Adorable Baby Girl, Birthday Messages.

On this one I decided to make a hot air balloon for the romantic raccoon couple. I wove yarn over cardboard and made a basket out of it. To make the balloon I placed a layer of wadding between two pieces of fabric and stitched the outline and seams.



Stamps (Hero Arts) Woodland Creatures, Cloud Background, Adorable Baby Girl.

10 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Heather, Congratulations on starting your blog,love the layout.Your cards are fabulous no wonder Adam wanted you to show his off. Love the clever hot air balloon too, great idea. I have become a follower so I will definately be back.Lol.
ugs
Sally

Rosemary said...

Cute, cute and more cute Heather!! They all make me want to jump on a swing... wheeee!!!

Trinh said...

These cards are SO cute! You make me want to get this stamp set but I know I couldn't do it justice like you. Love all the details that you add to your cards.

Deirdre said...

Great post..... congrats again on the blog...woohoo for you.

Monika Reeck said...

You used the racoon on 3 cards and each with so adorable design...love all 3 cards Heather all are soooo cuuuteee and adorable...hugs

Lin said...

I somehow missed that balloon! Wonderful ideas there!

lynda said...

These are all so ADORABLE!! You made me want this set!! There goes this week's pay check!!

Sue McRae said...

Love the raccoons in the hot air balloon with the crocheted basket, fabulous!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable cards and Adam was right to post his! Love the candle in his letter on his name!

pcm said...

I got to this post in a round-a-bout way but WOW so cute! I LOVE the round easel card - adorable and so very creative!

Related Posts with Thumbnails